Nauka Przyroda Technologie

Science Nature Technologies

Scientific journal presents original papers and articles relevant to all aspects of agricultural sciences.

Język polski English
Quick search:

Patrycja Kuna
Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) in gravity-operated and surface water
Summary.

The work presents the investigation results of soil, gravity-operated and surface flowing water samples for the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons content. We collected samples from agricultural areas located nearby coking plants in Dąbrowa Górnicza (the Upper Silesia region of Poland) from 2008 to 2009. Based on the results we ascertained overflow accepted values of PAHs in soil samples. In order to assess the contamination level of the tested soil samples four criteria were applied depending on the sum of PAHs (µg/kg) value. In the investigated soil samples only 2% belonged to non-contaminated class. The rest of the soil samples (98%) was polluted. 54% of samples were weakly contaminated and 37% of samples belonged to contaminated class (including 17% heavily contaminated). Moreover, the paper presents the results of PAHs content determination in gravity-operated water. The results allowed determining the seasonal variability of PAHs concentration in gravity-operated water. Significant differences in concentration of PAHs in summer and wintertime were observed. Moreover, to check the presence of PAHs contamination in the surface flowing water from selected streams, watercourses and draining system water samples, were collected.

Key words: PAH, soil, gravity-operated water, surface water
PDFFull text available in Polish in Adobe Acrobat format:
http://www.npt.up-poznan.net/tom5/zeszyt4/art_38.pdf

For citation:

MLA Kuna, Patrycja. "Zanieczyszczenie wybranych komponentów środowiska przez wielopierścieniowe węglowodory aromatyczne (WWA) w Dąbrowie Górniczej." Nauka Przyr. Technol. 5.4 (2011): #38.
APA Patrycja Kuna (2011). Zanieczyszczenie wybranych komponentów środowiska przez wielopierścieniowe węglowodory aromatyczne (WWA) w Dąbrowie Górniczej. Nauka Przyr. Technol. 5 (4), #38
ISO 690 KUNA, Patrycja. Zanieczyszczenie wybranych komponentów środowiska przez wielopierścieniowe węglowodory aromatyczne (WWA) w Dąbrowie Górniczej. Nauka Przyr. Technol., 2011, 5.4: #38.
Corresponding address:
Patrycja Kuna
Główny Instytut Górnictwa
Zakład Monitoringu Środowiska
Laboratorium Analiz Związków Organicznych
pl. Gwarków 1
40-166 Katowice
Poland
e-mail: pkuna@gig.eu
Accepted for print: 11.05.2011